Reflecting on 2011
20 Questions for a New Year’s Eve Reflection as seen on (in)courage
I saw these questions on another website and am deciding to answer them here.
1. What was the single best thing that happened this past year?
It would have to be the opportunity to stay home with the kids.
2. What was the single most challenging thing that happened?
Taking care of sick kids alone while R was away on a business trip.
3. What was an unexpected joy this past year?
Being able to travel to 3 different places for holidays.
4. What was an unexpected obstacle?
Moving from a SAHM to a WAHM.. I’m still trying my best and hope that 2012 will be the year.
5. Pick three words to describe 2011.
Grow, mature, exciting.
6. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe your 2011 (don’t ask them; guess based on how you think your spouse sees you).
Fun, turbulent, stressful.
7. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe their 2011 (again, without asking).
exhilarating, interesting, different
8. What were the best books you read this year?
It would have to be the kids book ” Scary school” by Derrick the Ghost. It was really refreshing and the only book that I couldn’t put down from start to finish.
9. With whom were your most valuable relationships?
The top of my list would certainly be R and my immediate family members. A close second would be my group of girlfriends which I would be lost without them to support me.
10. What was your biggest personal change from January to December of this past year?
It would certainly be my weight lost challenge. I still am not on target yet and will have to work more smartly to get to 55kg.
11. In what way(s) did you grow emotionally?
I’ve learn how to let go and remove some toxic elements which had invaded my life.
12. In what way(s) did you grow spiritually?
I’m learning more about my religion and hope to step it up a notch this year by teaching the kids more about our religion.
13. In what way(s) did you grow physically?
I’ll put it down to aging.
14. In what way(s) did you grow in your relationships with others?
I feel that I have a closer relationship with R and the kids this year as I manage to focus more energies with them.
15. What was the most enjoyable part of your work (both professionally and at home)?
I get to set my own schedule and can be as flexible as I like.
16. What was the most challenging part of your work (both professionally and at home)?
Handling the kids as each one of them have their own unique character and way of learning.
17. What was your single biggest time waster in your life this past year?
18. What was the best way you used your time this past year?
Connecting with friends and family.
19. What was biggest thing you learned this past year?
That my decision to put family first is correct.
20. Create a phrase or statement that describes 2011 for you.
Challenging but worth it!!